Saturday, June 02, 2007

Too much going on... ( Part V )

Chicago, the city of architecture. There are a lot of various shapes of buildings, such as the corn building which is a parking building, the wave building which is an apartment building. The highest building in the picture is Sears Tower. When I arrived at Chicago, the snow just stopped four hours ago. It was freezing; I mean FREEZING. I thought the winter weather in NY was awful, but comparing to Chicago, it was a piece of cake. When the wind passed through my face, it was more painful than the NY wind. If I have a chance to go Chicago again, I will never go in winter. NEVER.

Michael Jordan, the living legend of basketball. Look at the picture, I don't see any difference between he and I. Hahaha ~ Since he retired, NBA has become less exciting. I remember when I was in college, everyone was talking about he. During the playoff season, some classmates and I even cut the classes when he was playing. Right now, I only watch the fourth quarter; sometimes only the last 5 minutes. I think my interest has shifted to NFL. Go, Patriots ~


This picture was taken at John G. Shedd Aquarium where is close to Chicago Bears stadium. I wish I would have gone to watch the game. The dolphin show was fantastic. The trainers have very good relationship with the dolphins. They danced together, walked together and swam together. Look at them and think about human beings. How long will it take to build such a strong trusty relationship between humans? Human is really a very complicated animal.
Besides the dolphins, there are also sharks, and whales. I was lucky to see the baby whale. The whales we usually see are white. However, the baby whale is black and will turn to white later on. I asked the one of the staff the reason, but I forget it now. If you want to know, Google it. By the way, let me add one item into my dream list: riding on a dolphin.

Yes, the thickness of the pizza is what you see above. The restaurant is called Lou Malnatis'. You have to wait for like 30 minutes after you order pizzas because they are handmade. Chicago No.1. You may want to try it out. Another No. 1 in Chicago: Carson's BBQ Ribs.
When you go to Carson's, you don't need to wait for 30 minutes for the food to be made. But, you have to wait for seats. It may take you 30 minutes as well. Since I was a tourist, I had no choice. I could only wait, but it was worth waiting. The meat between the bones are soft and delicious. Indeed, the price is reasonable. I am dainty about food, so if I recommend something, you know you won't get disappointed.

No comments: