Monday, November 12, 2007

It's all about apples...

On October of 2007, ATANY had an apple picking event, which about 50 people attended. We had a lot of female friends join us for the apple picking event, but the afternoon activity should be the reason that they came - Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. Oh, don't think the whole bag of apples is mine. They are for 5 members of my group. I was on my duty for the event initially. By the time I joined them, the bag was almost full. They must love apples, I would say. It was my first time to apple picking, and it was fun. However, I prefer cherry picking, which I did in Idaho three years ago because I love eating cherries.

By the way, I bought two cufflink shirts at CK and Geoffrey Beene, one polo shirt and one T-shirt at Ralph Lauren. It's just too hard to come back with empty hands.

What can I do with the apples? I would get sick if I ate apples day after day. "An apple a day keeps a doctor away" doesn't apply on my case. Therefore, I decided to try something fun, adventure, and truly new to myself - cook the apples. It is hard to make fruits for dinner meal. When I went over the recipes online to find out what I can cook with the apples, I found there are people like me who also went to apple picking and also tried to cook the apples. I am not alone. :D

When I was cooking "Sweet and Sour Chicken with Apple," I was worried about the taste. This is a brave try because the idea was based on my cooking experience without recipe. The result came out to be good. It was delicious! The sliced apple one was also good, and it's easy to make. While I was trying to think what else I could cook, an excellent one came to my mind - Curry Rice. Because of the curry, I had to buy a bag of potatoes. By the way, as you can see in the photos, the curry dishes were good. I mean really good. Then what should I do with the rest of potatoes? I made two more dishes to finish them. Fortunately, I didn't need to buy more stuff just to finish the potatoes. Otherwise, you will see endless dish chain. The following is the flow chart of my cooking. No more apples......


Sweet and Sour Chicken with Apple (糖醋蘋果雞)

Sliced Apple with Green and Red Peppers in Light Sauce (涼拌蘋果絲)

Curry Beef Rice with Apple (牛肉蘋果咖哩飯)

Curry Beef Noodles with Apple (牛肉蘋果咖哩麵)

Beef Stew with Potato (馬鈴薯燉肉)

Minced Potato Shortcake (可樂餅定食)

1 comment:

peaceangel said...

All EXCELLENT AND DELICIOUS~~~~